[mythtv-users] VDPAU not working with 720p

Michael Wisniewski mikewiz38 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 20:45:39 UTC 2015

I'm in the middle of setting up my frontend and ran into a goofy problem.
On shows that are in 1080i, process utilization for the mythfrontend
process is down around 10%.  If I change to a channel that has a show in
720p, mythfrontend goes up to 40% to 50%.  I get the feeling like Myth may
not be using vdpau for hardware acceleration for 720p videos.

In my Playback profile, I have:

Match Criteria: >= 0,0
Decoder: Nvidia VDPAU Acceleration
Max CPU: 1
Deblocking filter: check
video renderer: vdpau
osd renderer: vdpau
osd fade: check
Primary deinterlacer: Temporal 2, HW
Fallback: Advanced 1, HW
Custom Filters: Null

It's odd because when the channel switches to a show in 720p, you will see
"HD 1080" at the bottom.  If you wait until that goes away and then hit
'I", you will see "HD 720" at the bottom....

Any help is appreciated!