[mythtv-users] Thoughts on this pico pc?

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 1 02:24:38 UTC 2015

> I've not messed around with the windows builds of MythTV, but has anyone tried it on this box yet? I've got mine and installing Linux seems like a no-go right now. Can't get past the 32-bit UEFI requirement to even get a Live disc to run. I can get to the boot menu, but nothing else will run from there.

I've tried the windows build on my Teclast x98 3G Air tablet which has an Intel Bay Trail-T Z3736F. I think it should work very well, however I can't quite get the setup right (I think). When I get time I will post a separate thread because I'm sure the video experts will know the answer, but the main issue I have is that with the hardware video acceleration none of the deinterlacing methods will start (return some message about not being approved). Software decoding works well on SD but seems to stutter on the higher resolutions - CPU utilization is max 60% so I'm guessing it might be Wifi related instead of CPU capacity but I just need to sit down and run the tests first before I jump to too many conclusions.