[mythtv-users] Can mythfilldatabase interrupt recordings in progress?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Jun 30 08:15:56 UTC 2015

It's a long time since I last tuned MySQL so I've forgotten what most of the options do :(

Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at gmail.com> wrote:

> [OK] Highest usage of available connections: 24% (62/250)

I'd reduce that a bit - some memory allocations are per-connection so you can make some saving there.

> [OK] Key buffer size / total MyISAM indexes: 300.0M/781.6M

And add it here.

> Not clear why it's asking me to increase table_cache beyond 128 since
> it's already set to 256. I'll look into this further (perhaps the
> table_cache setting in my.cnf is being overridden somewhere else or
> something). In any event it's not a very high setting given that
> max_connections is set to 100.

It does look like you have settings being over-ridden somewhere since the tuner says max connections is 250.
In Debian, there's a file specifically for user-set variables which is loaded last. If you set things here it means the other config files can be upgraded during a package upgrade without you either losing settings or having to manually figure out the changes.

I very vaguely recall table cache may be one of those per connection settings - so increasing it has a big impact on max possible memory usage.