[mythtv-users] Cheap frontend for HD

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 16:05:54 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Tom Bongiorno Jr. <tbjr at bongohut.com> wrote:
> Is my understanding correct that the Intel graphics linux drivers have VDPAU
> quality deinterlacer capability, but integration needs to be added to
> MythTV? I may have this wrong. I am no authority about what parts of the
> decoding process are done by the graphics chip or the software.

Slightly more complicated.  *Some* of the more recent hardware
have improved de-interlacing capability that includes motion
compensated de-interlacing.  You have to read the spec sheets
very very very carefully to determine solution is included in the CPU.

And then, you are correct, someone has to write the code for
the current generation of VAAPI.  I seem to recall some interest,
but no code to this point.