[mythtv-users] MythTV on Kodi

Scott Harris scott.harris0509 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 12:25:36 UTC 2015

> The biggest issue I have with Kodi replacing mythfrontend on anything
>> small (I've tried a FireTV, couple ARM boxes....not a RPi 2 yet) is it will
>> play everything I can throw at it.....except anything recorded off of my
>> local 720p broadcasts (namely FOX and ABC).  With that specific set of
>> recordings, it jumps and lags and the audio is out of sync; it's
>> horrendous.  I'm pretty sure it's an issue with Kodi and not the units too,
>> as I can play those same recordings through DLNA apps that detect my
>> backend flawlessly.
>>

> wonder what the difference is, I use KODI only for my frontends, PI2 and
> other flavors. All of my OTA channels are recorded with HD Homerun units,
> and all of my content whether 1080i or 720p plays just fine never have had
> any issues.

I'm not sure.  I recall way back when, when I first started using MythTV
(around 0.17 I think), I had an issue with my two ABC stations.  The video
played extremely fast and the audio wasn't even close to in sync.  Then I
discovered a setting (I forget what it is now and don't even know if it's
needed anymore) that when checked, fixed it right up.  Never had an issue
with my FOX station, though.  For what ever reason Kodi struggles with them
on a low powered machine (it plays them fine on a beefier machine that I
use for my current MythTV frontends); though like I said, other apps on the
same box that can see my recordings via UPnP have no issues playing them.
I tried to get some help through the Kodi forums, and never got much [any]
feedback.