[mythtv-users] Backend changes to support Android streaming

Michelle Dupuis mdupuis at ocg.ca
Sun Jun 28 16:12:24 UTC 2015

The artwork does show up (i.e. movie covers) on the Android app.  But not backgrounds like on the full front end.

The Google' Material Design guidelines just mean an app conforms to UI standards...not that it's well laid out, clever use of controls, etc.  That said, the Mythtv player isn't bad (and it's certainly better than one of the others).  When I click VIDEOS| TV SHOWS it complains of a back-end error (so none of my transferred TV shows are listed...

Live TV would be the BIG one for me.   If I can't sleep late at night I like to pull out the tablet and watch some tv...so live TV is the killer feature that Mythling has that tips the balance.

I would love to see the Mythtv Player go to the next level of usability and features.  Even recreating the full front-end UI might be a big plus.  It's not MD compliant but the whole family would immediately know how to use it!

Just ideas....