[mythtv-users] Backend changes to support Android streaming

Michelle Dupuis mdupuis at ocg.ca
Sun Jun 28 12:12:41 UTC 2015

OK - making progress!  None of the internal players seem to have audio EXCEPT MX Player (After I added the AC-3 codec pack)...so that was issue 1.

Of all of the players MX Player PRO (yes the paid version) was the only one that gave  smooth video.  It has HW acceleration and it really makes a difference.

I now have a working Android frontend!  And for the other question asked, I chose Mythlink because it also allows me to watch live TV.  (I think it just schedules an immediate recording but that's ok).

All of the front-ends could use a serious UI overhaul...some just present lists, some giant buttons (assuming you're on a phone not a tablet), etc...but this is good enough.