[mythtv-users] Current state? - Cox channel changing

Rod Smith mythtv at rodsbooks.com
Fri Jun 26 14:02:26 UTC 2015

On 06/26/2015 08:47 AM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 12:26 PM, Al Esch <colonelguf at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I use a HDHR Prime with Comcast.
>
> And the OP is with Cox.  Cox is not Comcast.  Cox typically
> (although franchises do vary) sets the DRM CCI to be copy-once
> for everything other than the locals, making an OCUR tuner
> of limited value to those with more than the basic basic basic
> (locals only) TV package.

I'm with Cox in Rhode Island and I can record most of my channels via my
HDHR Prime with cable card. The main exception is some of the premium
channels, which I get through a cable box and HDPVR. I control the cable
box via Firewire, and that part of it is reliable (although I have to
use a custom script; MythTV can't seem to control the box directly). I
have more problems with the HDPVR losing its connection to the MythTV
backend than anything else.

--
Rod Smith
rodsmith at rodsbooks.com