[mythtv-users] Current state? - Cox channel changing

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Thu Jun 25 17:07:24 UTC 2015

Hello All,

I have been using Satellite TV for a while with the HDPVR.

I have been interested in moving to another provider or even moving to
my local cable provider which is Cox.

I was wondering what is the most reliable method of channel changing
with Cox.  With directv, I was using the http scripts which gave 100%
reliable channel changes.  I would really prefer to not go back to using
IR blasters.

I am assuming to still get all channels, I will continue to use the
HDPVR to record.

Does cox still enable firewall on their boxes for channel changes?

How are others doing this?

Michael