[mythtv-users] Comcast DTA channel change breakage

Karl Newman siliconfiend at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 13:53:32 UTC 2015

Hi list,

Just thought I'd give a heads-up. Last night Comcast rolled out an update
to my ancient DTA (Pace DC50X, et al). I could tell right away because
instead of a small black box with only the channel number on it appearing
during a channel change, now it shows extended channel info over the lower
third of the screen. Anyway, that update broke my channel change script and
caused a few recordings to record on the (same) wrong channel. After some
investigation, I discovered that my configuration was set to send KEY_INFO
to the box before it changed the channel (it was intended as a sort of exit
command). It used to be benign because it would only show the small channel
indicator (which was shown anyway once the channel was changed), but now
with the larger info it apparently ignores other keypresses while it's
displayed. I'm using the LircChannelChanger.pl script with a config file,
so I just commented out the "beforekeys" line and it started working again.

TL;DR: Don't use KEY_INFO with a Pace DTA

Karl