[mythtv-users] HDPVR IR blaster slow

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Mon Jun 22 20:05:51 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 1:39 PM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:

> I would welcome suggestions of a working solution for 4 emitters that is
> dirt cheap and easily implemented (would rather not have to compile drivers
> for each one and whatnot).
>
> I've been using a CommandIR (v2?) since early 2009. Supports IR receiver
and 4 transmitters. Natively supported in lirc. I did have to put it behind
a USB hub to improve reliability though (possible motherboard chipset
issue). It's possible the newer hardware revision is better about that but
my experience is they tend to re-use those "plumbing" type common designs.
The site (www.commandir.com) looks a little dated, too...

Karl