[mythtv-users] scrpms

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Jun 22 18:51:22 UTC 2015

On 22/06/15 13:41, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> On 22/06/15 11:53, Stephen Collier wrote:
>> It appears atrpms is now dead have not had anything official but it has
>> been down for a number of weeks.
>>
>> I have been building mythtv rpms for EL6 to fedora 22 on an automated
>> system for a year at http://scrpms.net/pub
>>
>> This has relied on some of the rpms in atrpms.  If you are using my rpms
>> they will still be built. I have all the atrpms src rpms and will build
>> all that are needed over the next few weeks.
>>

> I would recommend pulling non standard packages from rpmfusion.
>
> Stuff i'd previously found on atrpms, I now find on rpmfusion.
>
> Hope that helps

... but historically, iirc, ATrpms and rpmfusion were often thought to
be not fully compatible.   AIUI Stephen intends to continue in the
ATrpms line and provide self-consistent myth-related builds.  Great!

I'm not aware of an rpmfusion repo for el7 clones;  nux-dextop seems to
be continuing that line, but rebuilds aren't frequent.  My main box is
still running a home-build of master-with-qt4 using nux and other
non-scrpms el7 repos, but atop shows vmcom increasing slowly, and
task-swapping becomes sluggish.  I don't know why.

http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories

looks like good el-related background reading.

More Cheers,
John P