[mythtv-users] Cheap frontend for HD

Tom Harris thom.j.harris at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 16:20:52 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 8:54 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 2:09 AM, paul <thannet at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  All very interesting. Perhaps if there was enough willing to support the
>> Pi with some cash, then you never now there may be someone to take on the
>> challenge.
>>
>> I have tried Kodi, worked quite well, but the interface was too much of a
>> culture change for all of us in the house. At vote was taken, and we all
>> prefer the simple familiar Mythfrontend.
>>

> I just forced it. You get used to it.

I also tried Kodi, and while there is a learning curve in getting used to
the new UI, it's not a showstopper.

The blocker for me was the slow 'skip ahead' responsiveness.   Myth
Frontend is amazingly fast, Kodi on Openelec/Pi2 was slow.

I would definitely be willing to pitch in some cash if it would help move a
MythTV frontend along.