[mythtv-users] Disable TurboSight IR driver ?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 13:02:53 UTC 2015

On 21 June 2015 at 13:53, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi Nick,
>
> Sunday, June 21, 2015, 2:39:02 PM, you wrote:

>>> I have a TBS IR on my 5922 DVB-S2 USB tuner, as well as others on
>>> other cards, but I use my mceusb one.  So I put these udev rules in my
>>> /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules file:
>>>
>>> # Hauppauge ("SMK Manufacturing, Inc. eHome Infrared Receiver") USB
>>> MCE remote control IR receiver
>>> SUBSYSTEM=="input", KERNEL=="event*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="0609",
>>> ATTRS{idProduct}=="031d", SYMLINK+="lirc-mce"

<cut>

>>> REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/lirc-mce"
>>>
>>> I would guess that you would be able to use a rule similar to my 5922
>>> one, just specifying the model number of your TBS card as the
>>> idProduct value.  The lsusb command should show the correct numbers,
>>> and also for your mceusb IR device, presuming that it also is USB, as
>>> mine is.
>
>> As you're using input layer devices (as opposed to native LIRC -
>> /dev/lirc*), is there something stopping you from using one of the
>> uniquely-named device nodes[1] in /dev/input/by-id/ that are always
>> present?
>

> They don't show up for all devices. For instance not for my PVR350.
> Probably because if I query it it shows up as a virtual device without
> either pci-path, pci-id or usb-id. I create a simlink on the
> ATTRS{name} attribute.

Is that just an issue for PCI card IR receivers? Curious why the
symlinks are not created - perhaps
/lib/udev/rules.d/60-persistent-input.rules needs to be updated
upstream?

As Stephen is using his USB MCE receiver, that node should be present
in /dev/input/by-id/.

Cheers,
Nick

--