[mythtv-users] Help with documentation

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 10:55:59 UTC 2015

Hoi Paul,

Sunday, June 21, 2015, 12:01:20 PM, you wrote:

> Are there any users who would be willing to help bring our documentation
> up to date?

> Developers are in general very  bad at documentation which is why we
> really need some help from someone who has the aptitude for this sort of
> thing to help us maintain it. It could be one individual or like the
> translation teams it could be a group of people working together which
> seems to work well at least for the translations.

> The main documentation is now in the wiki here
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV-HOWTO but it is a little out of date.
> We are also thinking of the idea to add some context help within Myth
> using the built in web browser widget so for each screen we would need
> some help text detailing what the screen does and what options are
> available etc.

> Paul H.

That's a huge thing you're asking. The wiki might be a little out of
date but it also needs restructuring, with better ways of finding what
you're looking for.
Are you talking 0.27 or 0.28. Because the latter means you need a
working 0.28 installation.
What is the support the devs are offering to such a team? Because I
think it's to big for someone alone.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven