[mythtv-users] HDPVR IR blaster slow

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 19:13:48 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 6:43 PM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:
> I know that i2c_master_send can handle up to 64k... so I think I may try and
> force it to send everything in one go rather than breaking it up.  I doubt
> it will work, but it would be interesting if it did.
>
> Beyond that, I can't see anything else to do to make this faster.

You will likely have to look at the IC datasheets, HD-PVR schematics,
and HD-PVR firmware (only the first is likely publicly available) to know
what can be sent across the i2c bus.  It can be fun experimenting and
reverse engineering, but it may not be successful.

At some point, it is likely going to be worth your time to simply purchase
another transmitter (but you probably already knew that).

Good luck.