[mythtv-users] HDPVR IR blaster slow

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Fri Jun 19 22:24:22 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 6:16 PM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 9:46 PM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:
> > Yes... my STB's have no firewire so I am using the IR Blaster's in the
> > HD-PVRs.
>
> While you may not want to pursue the option, you can
> still request to exchange your STB with one with firewire.
>
> Of course, then you enter the realm of firewire opportunities
> in addition to dealing with the new STBs idiosyncrasies.

I am on an IPTV system from TDS fiber, I kinda doubt they offer one with
firewire.  I don't know what model they were doing before these wireless
(capable) boxes, but I kinda doubt it was there.  And their FTTH solution
was only deployed a couple years ago, so this is only their second
generation of compatible boxes... can't dig something up from some storage
room that might be older.

The boxes do have a usb port, but I haven't been able to find any
documentation suggesting that it can be used for anything.