[mythtv-users] HDPVR IR blaster slow

Larry Kennedy lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 19:29:28 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 12:46 PM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 3:12 AM, Joseph Fry <joe at thefrys.com> wrote:
>
>> I am almost done building out my new capture setup (going from HDHR Prime
>> on cable, to 4xHDPVR on fiber IPTV).
>>
>> My channel change script works great, except it seems as though the HDPVR
>> is adding a 1 second delay to every irsend command.  I removed all sleep
>> statements from my script and it made no difference.
>>
>> Does anyone know anything i can do to speed this up?
>>
>> It appears that the delay is in the beginning...as I run the irsend and
>> it's almost a second before I see the emitter flash.  Perhaps I can tell
>> irsend not to wait on completion before sending the next button press?
>>

> Here is what I have tried today to make this faster... without success:
>
> - Put an & at the end of each irsend line so that the script doesn't wait
> for the send to complete before issuing the next, This resulted in a
> timeout error
> - sent all of the button presses in a single irsend command, this resulted
> in the same 1sec per button press.
>
> I suspect its something about the HDPVR, but I'm not finding many similar
> complaints?
>
> I am confused by your question.

I run an HD-PVR on my mythtv system and I have no need for irsend, nor does
the HD-PVR get involved with channel changes.  In my case, I have a STB
fronting the HD-PVR, and I use a firewire cable from myth to the STB to
change channels.  I use a script derived from 6200ch or something similar.
The PVR doesn't get involved in this activity and only captures whatever
the STB sends it.

Is your setup different?