[mythtv-users] Playback looks at screensize not at monitor or windowsize

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 16:19:13 UTC 2015

Dear Hika,

I read that you only recently have given a second output display to
your main 'desktop'.  I also remember that you use Gentoo, from

Have you enabled the 'xinerama' USE= flag? Even though Nvidia does not
support 'classic xinerama' as it were, XRandR screen sizing and
viewport management (the '2 rectangular boxes' for each screen, out of
the larger merged framebuffer) still does use these extensions.

Without USE=xinerama set, and rebuilding of all affected packages,
then nothing will understand which monitor it is on, and you will
experience very strange things.

I used 3 monitors: 2x1920x1080 and 1x1280x1024 in a horizontal layout
(5120:1080 framebuffer) and before USE=xinerama and the other
recompiles, KDE just went bat crazy.

Try this, if you haven't already, let me know how it works.

Mike