[mythtv-users] Disable TurboSight IR driver ?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 04:41:59 UTC 2015

Hoi Robin,

Wednesday, June 10, 2015, 2:27:24 AM, you wrote:

>> Hoi Robin,
>>
>> Wednesday, June 10, 2015, 12:43:02 AM, you wrote:
>>
>>> Gosh - what a game!!
>>
>>> The latest problem is that the turbosight drivers for their PCIe DVB
>>> cards
>>> include an IR receiver driver. This is great until, like me, you want to
>>> use an IR blaster - in this case a trusty old mceusb device.
>>
>>> At powerup, there is a race as to which /dev/lircX device gets allocated
>>> to what such that the wrong choice in the lircd setup means no blaster.
>>
>>> Does anyone know of a way to turn off the IR drivers from TBS and just
>>> have the one - that way I'll be certain I'm trying to send to the
>>> correct
>>> device.
>>
>>> Cheers
>>
>> Most of the time the same module is managing both ir and dvb, so that
>> is tricky. You can however use udev to create a consistent name for
>> your blaster. If you give the output of:
>> udevadm info --attribute-walk path --name=/dev/lirc?
>> I can give you an idea for a rule.

> This is the info for just the mceusb device, I don't have the tbs enabled
> kernel loaded at the moment (will have later today).

> Many thanks

Try:
SUBSYSTEM=="lirc", \
        KERNEL=="lirc**", \
        ATTRS{idVendor}=="0471", \
        ATTRS{idProduct}=="0815", \
        SYMLINK+="lirc-mceusb"

or:
SUBSYSTEM=="lirc", \
        KERNEL=="lirc**", \
        DRIVERS=="mceusb", \
        SYMLINK+="lirc-mceusb"

It should be on one line. The backslashes escape the linebreaks, so
you can make it more readable on multiple lines.
Put it in a file named like like /etc/udev/rules.d/80-lirc.rules

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop