[mythtv-users] h.264 question

Scott Chevalley avalon at osguru.org
Tue Jun 9 01:57:31 UTC 2015

I was inspired by the recent discussion of Comcast migrating channels to h.264 from mpeg2
to check to see if Verizon was going to be doing that with FIOS.  I found a couple of
pages from 2013 regarding some channels having been migrated to h.264 sometime that year.

I currently have a Ceton Infinitv 6 PCIe tuner with cable card so I decided to try and
tune a couple of the channels (which I should be subscribed to) from those pages and in
all cases I get the TMALC Lock but after a second I get booted to the menu screen with a
dialog that says "Could not read first 2048 bytes".

So, my question is, can the Ceton decode an h.264 stream properly?

I'm running Mythbuntu 12.04 with Myth 0.27.4.

Thanks,
Scott