[mythtv-users] read-only disk in a storage group?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 17:51:58 UTC 2015

Hoi Tom,

Monday, June 8, 2015, 7:43:03 PM, you wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 10:37 AM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
>> If I had a storage group with a disk that I wanted to be able to read
>> from but not write to, can I tell MythTV to do that?

> Just create a new Storage Group, add that disk to it, then never
> configure recordings to use that Storage Group. Recordings will use
> the Default group by default. Call your new group something like "Read
> only" to remind yourself not to choose it for recordings. Anything on
> that disk will still be available for playback.

> Tom

If you give the mythtv user only rx rights mythtv-setup will complain.
It does a test write to all SG directories. I think, if you do as
above you can safely ignore the complaint and say "you know what you're
doing". I do however not know if myth stores that it kan not write.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop