[mythtv-users] Comcast goes Mpeg4 in Atlanta

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 18:13:52 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 6:00 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
> Glad I've upgraded to 27.4. But as far as H.264 support goes on the
> hardware, how do we check that?

It was my understanding that Comcast is transmitting
a channel with MPEG4 (I think that is rumored to be
channel 1995 in Atlanta(*)).  You should set up a (manual)
recording, or Live TV sessions to check it out.  If it
works, you are (likely) fine.  And also the reports said
that channel 1992 (GOLFD) is being transmitted with
MPEG4.

(*) I thought that was supposed to be in the (e)mail too,
although if you do not have any Comcast STBs, maybe
they do not send out anything.  If you do have any
Comcast STB's, the guide information says
"Enhanced Service Check" (or something like that).