[mythtv-users] artwork problems after loss of artwork storage folders

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 6 05:24:05 UTC 2015

Recently I lost a hard disk that happened to contain the folders that formed
the storage groups for Fanart / Coverart / Banners.  I wasn't fussed as it
seemed to me that it was all content that was simple / academic to
regenerate and would happen automatically.

So I created the new folders, updated the respective storage groups with the
new folder details and walked away. However a lot of the artwork is not
being regenerated successfully.

I'm not exactly clear what is failing or why, however I have made the
following observations:
-	For some recordings the filename that is being requested is
different to the filename in the new coverart folder. For example on some
Air Crash Investigation episodes the file being requested was "Air Crash
Investigation - Mayday Season 1_coverart.jpg" whereas the file actually
stored in the new coverart folder is called "Mayday Season 1_coverart.jpg".
I have checked the files recovered from the failed disk and I can see that
the original file name is the file name being requested. It's just that the
new coverart directory has a different file name.
-	The file being requested seems to be the file stored in the
recordedartwork table. But the filename in the recordedartwork table
sometimes does not align with the redownloaded files which seems to be the
problem.
-	In the recordedartwork table I have a mixture of inetref values that
are prefixed with ttvdb.py_ or tmdb.py_ and some without the prefix. In
general the ones WITHOUT the prefix are the ones that are not displaying the
artwork. But this is not universally the case. But as far as I can tell
everything WITH the prefix is working perfectly.
-	For some recordings the filename that is being requested does not
exist. So for example Doctor Who has 3 images loaded into the new coverart
folder:
mark at mythbackend-master:/media/servertwo/Myth_Cover_Art$ ls -a | grep Doctor
Doctor Who (2005) Season 0_coverart.jpg
Doctor Who (2005) Season 7_coverart.jpg
Doctor Who (2005) Season 8_coverart.jpg

Seasons 7 and 8 display coverart correctly. But not Season 6. In the
frontend logs I get this:
2015-06-06 10:07:06.070712 I  MythUIHelper:
LoadCacheImage(myth://Coverart@mythbackend-master/Doctor Who (2005) Season
6_coverart.jpg,myth:--Coverart at mythbackend-master-Doctor Who (2005) Season
6_coverart.jpg--620x1080.png)
2015-06-06 10:07:06.070829 I  MythUIHelper:
LoadCacheImage(myth://Coverart@mythbackend-master/Doctor Who (2005) Season
6_coverart.jpg,myth:--Coverart at mythbackend-master-Doctor Who (2005) Season
6_coverart.jpg--620x1080.png)
2015-06-06 10:07:06.070881 I
ImageLoader::LoadImage(myth:--Coverart at mythbackend-master-Doctor Who (2005)
Season 6_coverart.jpg--620x1080.png) Found in cache, RefCount = 2
2015-06-06 10:07:06.070901 I
ImageLoader::LoadImage(myth://Coverart@mythbackend-master/Doctor Who (2005)
Season 6_coverart.jpg) Image is NULL

In the recordedartwork table I have:
mysql> select inetref,season,coverart from recordedartwork where coverart
like "%Doctor%";
+---------+--------+-----------------------------------------+
| inetref | season | coverart                                |
+---------+--------+-----------------------------------------+
| 78804   |      1 | Doctor Who (2005) Season 1_coverart.jpg |
| 78804   |      3 | Doctor Who (2005) Season 3_coverart.jpg |
| 78804   |      4 | Doctor Who (2005) Season 4_coverart.jpg |
| 78804   |      5 | Doctor Who (2005) Season 5_coverart.jpg |
| 78804   |      6 | Doctor Who (2005) Season 6_coverart.jpg |
| 78804   |      2 | Doctor Who (2005) Season 2_coverart.jpg |
| 78804   |      7 | Doctor Who (2005) Season 7_coverart.jpg |
| 78804   |      8 | Doctor Who (2005) Season 8_coverart.jpg |
| 78804   |      0 | Doctor Who (2005) Season 0_coverart.jpg |
+---------+--------+-----------------------------------------+
9 rows in set (0.00 sec)

In the old coverart folder I had:
mythtv at mythbackend-master:/media/serverfour/ServerTwo/cover_art$ ls -a |
grep Doctor
Doctor Who (2005) Season 0_coverart.jpg
Doctor Who (2005) Season 1_coverart.jpg
Doctor Who (2005) Season 2_coverart.jpg
Doctor Who (2005) Season 3_coverart.jpg
Doctor Who (2005) Season 4_coverart.jpg
Doctor Who (2005) Season 5_coverart.jpg
Doctor Who (2005) Season 6_coverart.jpg
Doctor Who (2005) Season 7_coverart.jpg
Doctor Who (2005) Season 8_coverart.jpg

I have tried:
-	Deleting /home/mythtv/.mythtv/remotecache. It seemed to have a stack
of graphics files and I thought it might be a simple caching issue but
didn't seem to help
-	I ran mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all-artwork several times but it
didn't seem to help. It ran for about 15min and ended successfully but I
must admit it didn't appear check recordings that already had artwork
associated with them.
-	I deleted from recordedartwork all the lines related to Air Crash
Investigations. This worked perfectly, the entries in the recordedartwork
table were regenerated by MythTV with all the correct file names and now
artwork displays correctly for those recordings.

Essentially I am proposing to delete everything out of the recordedartwork
directory and let MythTV regenerate / redownload everything from scratch and
let it rebuild this table at the same time. Based on the one test I did this
seems like it should work. But wanted to see if anyone else had a better
suggestion on what to try first or if emptying the recordedartwork table was
likely to have unforeseen negative consequences? Guidance would be greatly
appreciated.

I don't want to just move the recovered files back as there appears to be a
lot of corruption and I don't really want to sort out which files have
recovered successfully and which files are partially / fully corrupted. I
would prefer to start from scratch on the coverart / fanart / banners and
save my time for working out which recordings have been successfully saved.