[mythtv-users] Anyone Using LIRC on CentOS 6.6?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 19:56:43 UTC 2015

Hoi Kirk,

Friday, June 5, 2015, 9:00:02 PM, you wrote:

> On 6/5/2015 11:51 AM, Alec Leamas wrote:
>> On 05/06/15 02:23, Kirk Bocek wrote:
>>

>>> After all that hassle I think this just boils down to a problem with the
>>> remote configuration file I was using. I used irrecord to start a
>>> partial config file and viola! irw produces output:
>>>
>>> 0000000000000001 00 BTN_SELECT recorded.conf
>>> 0000000000000001 00 BTN_SELECT recorded.conf
>>> 0000000000000002 00 BTN_RIGHT recorded.conf
>>> 0000000000000002 00 BTN_RIGHT recorded.conf
>>> 0000000000000002 00 BTN_RIGHT recorded.conf
>>> 0000000000000003 00 BTN_LEFT recorded.conf
>>
>> This output is is actually somewhat broken, the repeat flag is not
>> handled correctly. See [1]. That said, this is nice progress :)
>>

> Well, this recorded in 'raw' mode. Not sure if that makes any
> difference. The programmed remote was identified as an RC-5. I want to

>>> Seems like everything in the
>>> database has been generated well before 0.8.6.
>>
>> This is no problem, the configuration file format is unchanged
>> (really: backwards-compatible).

> Why then did my working 0.8.7 configuration file not work? I don't
> expect you to have an answer to this.

Possibly because of the name tag in the start of the file. On my
machine using devinput, I have name devinput at the start of
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf?? Also compare those other settings at the start.
The difference is in there. I use the same remote on both machines.
The one with the native PVR350 ir through devinput and the other
with a homebrew serial device through lirc-serial and /dev/lirc0. The
headers in /etc/lirc/lircd.conf are very different.

>> Have you done the usual steps to avoid disturbances etc. as described
>> in [¡]?
>>

> That page talks about random output with mode2 active. No I didn't see
> any. I only saw output while buttons were pressed.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop