[mythtv-users] Channel Icons

Jay Foster jayf0ster at roadrunner.com
Fri Jun 5 19:18:01 UTC 2015

On 06/05/2015 12:11 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 06/05/2015 01:34 PM, Kirk Bocek wrote:
>> To get the icons to show up in mythweb, manually copy them into
>> /var/www/html/mythweb/data/tv_icons from ~/.mythweb/channels
>
> Hi,
>
> If you had to do that, then something else is wrong. The specific
> section in
> the Wiki is: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_icons#Universal_Location
>
> Mythweb uses the Services API to get the icons initially. They will
> automatically
> show up in the tv_icons directory.
>
> Although not harmful, the icons should be in ~mythtv/.mythtv/channels.
> If they're in
> ~/.mythtv/channels, then something wasn't run as the mythtv user.
>
> [Symbolic] links aren't required.

I don't understand.  The channel icons are in the
/home/myuser/.mythtv/channels directory.  This is where they always have
been (mythbuntu put them there).  The directory ownership/group is
mythtv:mythtv.

There was an empty /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels directory, which is now
a symlink to /home/myuser/.mythtv/channels (as documented on the wiki).
Still no joy.  I don't see the reason for this symlink either, since the
full path (/home/myuser/.mythtv/channels/<icon-file>) is specified in
the DB for each channel.

It works correctly with mythweb, so why won't the frontend work?

Jay