[mythtv-users] Channel Icons

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Fri Jun 5 17:31:05 UTC 2015

On 6/5/2015 10:20 AM, Jay Foster wrote:
> Late last year, I upgrade my MythTV system from 0.21 to the latest
> 0.27.4.  Before, I would see the channel icons on certain UIs on the
> frontend (listings, 'I' while watching a recording) and on mythweb
> (listings, recorded programs).  After the upgrade, the channel icons
> only show up on mythweb.  Were the channel icons dropped from the
> frontend UIs or is the frontend broken?
>
> Jay

I'd like to know the answer to this too having just upgraded from 0.24
to 0.27.4. Previously on my solo frontends I had to manually update
icons on the frontends separate from the backend. What's the procedure
for 0.27.4?

The old way, as I recall, was to run a script on the backend that would
read the channel listings and pull in the icon files. These icons would
be used by mythweb on the backend. But then these would have to be
manually copied to the frontends for use by the GUI.