[mythtv-users] Anyone Using LIRC on CentOS 6.6?

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Thu Jun 4 03:01:10 UTC 2015

On 6/3/2015 7:40 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Anyhow the commands for loading lircd are different. With /dev/lirc0
> you have something like: -d /dev/lirc0. With the new interface it is:
> -H devinput -d /dev/input/event14. The trouble is that the number can
> easily change. They say -H devinput -d name="DVB" should work or if
> you have by-path sim-links in /dev/input, you could use them. I use
> udev to get a stable named sim-link. Also lircd needs to be compiled
> with the right device support and against the right kernel. Most
> versions you install with a distribution are compiled with all support.

A user on the CentOS list suggested looking at the devinput driver. I
started experimenting with it. But got no input. However I did not
specify an input and there was no error by lircd.

> If you use in-kernel support lircd.conf doesn't do much anymore. It's
> all supplied by the kernel. Standard support will work without lircd
> loaded. Only if you want to differentiate from the default or if your
> device is not supported (like with blasters or my homebrew serial
> device I have on one machine) you need lircd. In the new input layer
> it's like with keyboards and mice, it just should works.

I'd like to use more than one remote, so I'm not sure how that works. Is
your /etc/lirc/lircd.conf empty then? Would you post your udev rule for
stable naming.