[mythtv-users] How to import channels.conf?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 11:54:52 UTC 2015

I've just created a nice new channels.conf file and set off to import it
into a new MythBackend I'm setting up. Problem is that I can't find
anywhere to import channels.conf. The page at
http://www.havetheknowhow.com/Install-the-software/MythTV-no-channels-found.html
says:

1) Go into the MythTV Backend Setup and select Input connections from the
menu.
2) Click on the Scan for Channels button.
3) Next, select the Import Channels.conf option from the Scan Type: box

But my Mythbuntu backend doesn't have the option in import channels.conf.
Has this been discontinued or something?