[mythtv-users] Undo 14.04 LTS update

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Thu Jul 30 08:04:11 UTC 2015

On 30/07/15 00:32, Robin Gilks wrote:
> Greetings all
>
> Since I've not had a problem with it on a couple of *buntu installs, I
> updated my Mythbuntu frontend with the "LTS Enablement Stacks" and its a
> disaster :(
>
> The box randomly gets into a stuttering state that requires a reboot to
> fix it during which time it runs much hotter.
>
> I'm pretty sure the kernel upgrade is OK (fixes USB3 mceusb remote issues)
> but the xserver and mesa updates seem to be what has broken things.
>
> The original update was
> "sudo apt-get install --install-recommends linux-generic-lts-utopic
> xserver-xorg-lts-utopic libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-utopic
> libegl1-mesa-drivers-lts-utopic"
>
> I've no idea how I find out what was originally installed so how do I
> revert everything bar the kernel?
>
> Cheers

I've always found these sorts of "upgrades" to be problematical. My preference
is to do full backups of needed files/configurations and then a clean install.

This ensures that everything is consistent. Upgrading over the top of an
existing install usually leaves odd library inconsistencies which are difficult
to resolve.

--

Mike Perkins