[mythtv-users] How to configure HDHomeRun 4DC (DVB-C)

Yann Lehmann aristide at vtxmail.ch
Wed Jul 29 07:03:05 UTC 2015

Le 26. 07. 15 21:27, Hika van den Hoven a écrit :
> Hoi Yann,

Hoi Hika,

> Have you downloaded and compiled the configuration software from there
> site? http://www.silicondust.com/support/downloads/
> If not all transports are om QAM64 / 6900 you have to add those
> others. Here on upc the Netherlands only the main transport is on
> QAM64 / 6900 the rest is on QAM256 / 6900 and the on demand transports
> on  QAM256 / 6875.
> You can try to do a scan through the internal website of your homerun.

I had installed the packaged version of hdhomerun_config_gui and could
"see" the device with it.

So I uninstalled it and compiled/installed the one from SiliconDust. I
can see the HDHomeRun with this either.

A scan through the internal website of the HDHomeRun works and finds a
lot of channels (all the unencrypted and radio channels). I can watch
(or listen to) them with vlc for example.

It is just, that I can't scan within MythTV.

A tuned scan finds only 11 possible channels (with the frequency given
by the provider), and every other options finds nothing.

After setting the network-id as recommended by the provider under 'video
sources', a scan with 'Scan all existing transports' finds a lot of
transports, but they time out ('Timed out, no signal'). Only the one
transport found with the 'adjusted scan' has some channels (always the
same ones).

It seems to be much more difficult to scan channels with dvb than it was
with analog cable.

I have read, that the HDHomeRun can "emule" dvb-c devices. Is this a way
I should try ?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dvbhdhomerun/

Thank you very much for your help and regards,
Yann