[mythtv-users] Wrong PMT

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Tue Jul 28 09:06:04 UTC 2015

---- On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 22:34:52 +0100 Frank Phillips<frankalso at gmail.com> wrote ----
 > On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 4:39 AM, Tim Draper <veehexx at zoho.com> wrote:
 >  I do get the odd failed livetv tuning. the FE will claim it's playing in the 'info' OSD and the total play time will increase, but act like it's paused with a completely black screen when it initially enters livetv and the current position time stuck at 0:00.
 >  thats basically what i'm trying to fix, so i'm looking at each Error or Warning message as they appear in the FE log. The DTVSigMon Wrong PMT message shows more often than the livetv playback issue, but since both occur at initial LiveTV tuning, i figured this could be related.
 >

 > Do you suspend the frontend by chance? I get something similar after resuming and have to kill/restart mythfrontend. I guess the db connection goes idle and drops or its trying to use a connection that doesn't exist at both ends.

I do, yes. i just restart the HDMI link via xrandr upon resume via a sleep.d script.
would that be a problem on a split FE/BE system though?

annoyingly, I've yet to have a livetv issue this week now I'm looking into it. livetv playback issues happened a handful of times per day at the weekend. Sunday night till now has been unfruitful trying to reproduce the issue :(