[mythtv-users] Still haunted by my master backend change

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sun Jul 26 02:09:43 UTC 2015

>> > I can't find any config to tell it what backend IP address is should
>> use
>> > and everything else works. I've checked config.xml and it is pointing
>> at
>> > the correct database server so I assume I've got leftover crud in my
>> > database. What process is supposed to keep this clean?
>> >

> Trying pinging these:
> ping localhost
> ping localhost.localdomain
> ping 192.168.1.12
> ping woden
> ping woden.localdomain    (bet this does not work)
>
> Could try editing your hosts file to reinstate the line starting with
> "192.168.1.12..." but remove the "woden.localdomain".
>
> Then try above "pings" again.

I can successfully ping all combinations - I don't run bind these days (I
used to when I was looking after a whole bunch of class A addresses 15
years ago) but dnsmasq and hosts file does a pretty good job!!

Just tried a refresh of the youtube sitemap and now nothing at all is
listed. The database has some 2700 entries in it but nothing is displayed
in either the remote frontend or the one on the backend.

I guess MythNetVision is a bit broken (which I recall seeing a few weeks
ago but I thought it had been fixed!)

--
Robin Gilks