[mythtv-users] This is a one off posting - UK Only - Selling Mini ITX 10TB RAID5 myth server

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 23 10:43:30 UTC 2015

Guys

I realise it's bad form but promise this is a one off posting before I
strip down the parts and list on E-Bay.  Someone here may be
interested.

I've upgraded my primary mythtv server and as a result have the
following for sale, if someone is interested please E-Mail me
directly.....I don't want to get accused of cluttering the list.

Mini ITX server.

Fractal Design Array R2 Raid Box....Mini ITX form factor.

ECS H61H2-MV Mini ITX mobo with two (2) PCI-e slots. (the board is
actually 190mm x 170mm so nearer DTX form factor).  Yes it really does
have 2 PCI-e slots and separate HDMI output.

4GB DDR3 Memory.

Intel i3-3225 - This is the GPU enhanced version of the I3 chip so
doesn't require a separate GPU card.

LSI 9220-8i RAID controller (actual IBM M1015 reflashed) running as
JBOD to control the drives.

6 x 2TB 7200RPM drives running in RAID5

1 x Scorpio Black 500GB Boot drive.

You can add a TBS PCIe low profile DVB-T2 or DVB-S2 tuner card (there
are quad cards available in Low Profile form factor) to give you your
preferred configuration.

Will be supplied in the original Fractal Design Box.

This was used to store my video and movie library and has never caused
me any problems, it's running Fedora.

I'm in London and Kent so collection available from there.....would
prefer collection as it's a little heavy and obviously fragile as it's
already built.

Looking at the list and what I paid I reckon it's about £700 worth of
parts (I paid a lot more) so any offer would have to be close to that
mark.

I have over 500 feedback at 100% on E-Bay and have been there for over
14 years so can provide good references.......please no silly 'can I
have just the processor' type questions.....if I don't get a buyer for
the complete unit it'll get broken down and the parts listed on E-Bay
or I may keep it as a backup.

I have toyed with the idea of taking out the drives and LSI Raid
controller and replacing with 4 x 8TB WD Reds running off the Mobo and
both DVB-T2 and DVB-S2 tuners to give a 24TB Mini ITX capture
everything server......so if you like to experiment this could be an
ideal setup.

Anyway as I said, this is a one off posting if anyone is interested.

Tony