[mythtv-users] LIRC not detecting certain keypresses with MCE remotes (modifiers?)

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 10:15:30 UTC 2015

On 23/07/15 12:01, Tim Draper wrote:

> partly i don't fully understand the interaction of LIRC with multiple
> receivers even after reading through various guides and info, so i'm
 > not sure which options i need - i'm in a trial state to see what
> worksand what doesn't.

This is one of the major shortcomings in the current LIRC design. Each
lircd instance only listens to one receiver, so using multiple receivers
(i. e., capture devices) means using multiple lircd instances. Which
isn't that easy since they will have different output sockets. There are
work-arounds which might be usable (tcp connections, --uinput) but to my
knowledge nothing straight-forward.

NB: this is about multiple capture devices, not multiple remotes which
works more or less out of the bix.

Cheers!

--alec