[mythtv-users] CCI Copy Freely Letter Campaign

Nigel Jewell nigel.jewell at grufty.co.uk
Sun Jul 19 06:52:11 UTC 2015

On 17/07/2015 19:35, Kirk Bocek wrote:
> Okay, I put my keystrokes where my mouth is (err... you know what I
> mean):
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/CCICopyFreelyLetterCampaign
>
> Help me refine the letter. Help find new companies and addresses to
> send the letter to. If you use Kodi or some other open source
> software, post this link to their forums and lists. This involves more
> they just Myth TV. Post this to the general software forum of your
> favorite distro. I'm sure there are more users that don't hang out here.
>
> Kirk Bocek

Hi,

I'm based in a region where this issue doesn't directly affect me,
however out of interest I took a look at your letter.

Do with this feedback what you wish, however it occurs to me that your
letter is missing some form of context and pre-amble.  As you aren't
able to send this directly to named individuals in the networks, it is
likely to end up on the desk (or inbox) of someone that sorts massive
amounts of incoming generic mail.  Even if you find the name of The
President, they aren't going to sort their own correspondence.

I feel that you need to set the scene a little more, help the person
that is sorting all of the junk that arrives do decide whether or not it
goes in the trash, or actually progresses towards someone that can
actually have any impact.  We understand the problem, but not everyone
that reads it will and you need to craft something that will grab the
attention from receipt to delivery.

Regards,
Nige.