[mythtv-users] CCI Copy Freely Letter Campaign

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Jul 17 20:44:22 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 4:37 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
>> I assume you are referring to a STB plus HD PVR combination. What happens
>> when they implement SOC?
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selectable_Output_Control
>>
>> CCI=Copy Freely is the only true answer.
>
> You add in an HD Fury to the mix of extra hardware you need to buy.

Part of the point I'm trying to make is just how ineffective CCI flags
are at actually curbing piracy.  CCI=Copy Never won't prevent Game of
Thrones from ending up on bit torrent 20 minutes after broadcast.  It
just annoys honest people and forces us to pay more for extra
equipment rental.  That is, I believe, its true purpose.

Eric