[mythtv-users] FIOS copy protecting national Fox channels

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Jul 16 18:16:08 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 2:06 PM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
> On 7/16/2015 10:54 AM, Eric Sharkey wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 12:38 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
>> <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Few people have cancelled their
>>> TV contract because ShowTime is marked copy-once for instance,
>>
>> Even ShowTime doesn't require that.
>>
>> mythtered% hdhomerun_config 13108AC4 get /tuner2/vstatus
>> vch=865 name=Showtime HD auth=subscribed cci=unrestricted cgms=n/a
>>

> Really?

Really.

But, of course, Gary's right when he says that whether or not you can
get Showtime with cci=unrestricted or not from your provider is
another matter.  My statement was that the parent company that owns
Showtime doesn't require that all cable companies that carry the
channel must mark it as copy-once.  I'm certain that companies like
Time Warner would mark it as such anyway, and I don't know about
others.

All I can say is that I've been on Verizon FIOS in central New Jersey
for nearly two years now and Showtime has been cci=unrestricted for
that entire time.

Eric