[mythtv-users] [Bulk] mythnetvision - unable to view certain channels

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 16:57:26 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 4:09 PM, Joseph DeGraw <coffee412 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Yep. I just went thru and tried my little idea and it didnt work. So, This
> is beyond me on this one. Too bad. I would love to see a plugin for viewing
> internet content from youtube and other places. However, Its way beyond my
> capabilities. :(

There are many ways to contribute, and get the results you want.

One is clearly write new/corrected code.  Another is to negotiate a trade
where you do something for someone who can write the code.  Everyone
has some skill of value that might be able to be exchanged for a fix
or new capability (although being able to consume a pint of beer is not
usually valued very highly, so you are unlikely to get many lines of code
for doing that; buying another dev a pint might get you more lines of code).
And another is funding someone to write the code.  While last I looked it
was mostly silent, there is a google group for MythTV contractors.
I suspect if you (and a few friends) offered enough someone would write
the code and contribute it back to the project.