[mythtv-users] FIOS copy protecting national Fox channels

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Thu Jul 16 15:53:31 UTC 2015

On 7/16/2015 7:13 AM, David Engel wrote:

> Yes, it is only Fox *this time*, but it is also Verizon that agreed to
> the change.  If no one expresses displeasure to Fox *and* to Verizon
> this time, it could very well be Disney/ESPN or Universal/NBC next week.
>
>> Has it been verified that this statement, that it was FOX which asked for
>> the copy-once flag, is actually true? Could it have been BS by Verizon
>> because they couldn't be bothered to actually figure out what you were
>> talking about?
>>
>> I would view a statement like that with some reservation until I had
>> verified it by other means. How about contacting FOX and complaining that
>> you can no longer see their programming? That would (i) confirm or refute
>> the original statement, (ii) if it wasn't them, they would push the
>> complaint back to Verizon, since others might not see their content either
>> or (iii) make FOX consider unintended consequences.
> I have not yet had time to contact Fox this week (been very busy), but
> fully intend to.  I'm still trying to find the best contact information.
> The best I have so far is
>
> Fox Entertainment Group
> 10201 W Pico Blvd
> Los Angeles, CA 90064
> (310) 552-8067
>
> David

In all seriousness, how about a letter writing campaign on the CCI=Copy
Freely issue. I know it'll make me *feel* better. I've been bummed for a
few days reading this thread.

If I see a couple of people respond to this idea, I'll start a new
thread here containing my idea of a rough draft of a letter. With some
refinements on the list here, I'll open a wiki page. The wiki page will
contain a description, the intention, the letter and a collection of
addresses to send it to.

I imagine trying to gather up the Kodi people and any other open source
project everyone can think of.