[mythtv-users] [Bulk] mythnetvision - unable to view certain channels

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Thu Jul 16 13:58:07 UTC 2015

On 16/07/15 08:30, Tim Draper wrote:
> I'm playing with mythnetvision and having some issues with certain channels.
>
> BBC iPlayer needs an API update for a start - move to the new 'Nitro' API - should i bug this?
> Blip.TV - ok
> Comedy Central - i get the channel icon, but unable to browse any content
> DM - ok
> hulu - i get the channel icon, but unable to browse any content
> Movie Trailers -  - generic film reel icon, but unable to browse any content
> mtv - i get the channel icon, but unable to browse any content
> revision3  - i get the channel icon, but unable to browse any content
> tedtalks - ok
> WB - i get the channel icon, but unable to browse any content
> Vimeo - ok
> youtube -  - i get the channel icon, but unable to browse any content
>
> i know youtube was updated recently and i have the latest 0.27/fixes git version on both the BE and FE (v0.27.5-3-g9498257). BBC iPlayer and Youtube are possibly the only ones that i care about as i've just given a full list to show my system does stream but on the whole, generally fails content.
>
> having read through https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythNetvision#Configuration, i cant see anything i've missed. the FE matches the prerequisties.
> running the 'grabber.py -v' shows that XML code is returned for failing channels the same as the working channels.
>
> anyone know how to get this working?
>
> thanks in advance,
> Tim

MythNetvision currently doesn't have a dev to look after it so it's
development has all but stopped. It just needs someone to look at the
grabber scripts (which I believe are all python scripts) and update them
so they work with any API or website changes the various sources are now
using.

If no one steps forward it's highly likely it will be dropped before
0.28 is released.

Paul H.