[mythtv-users] FIOS copy protecting national Fox channels

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Jul 14 05:16:12 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 04:23:31AM +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 4:11 AM, David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:
> > ... Stay tuned (pun intended).
>
> To 75.250Mhz no doubt (at least that is the typical OOB frequency for FIOS).
>
> There have been many reports about the wonders of FIOS CableCARD
> activation.  It has been reported that they sometimes manage to validate
> the cards using the BIG hammer which changes the DATA ID, which
> means you get to start the dance all over again.
>
> Not-subscribed may also means that FIOS has your package screwed
> up.  With Moto cards, the package typically has to be both in your
> account, and the cards themselves.  If your cards have not gotten
> recent updates, they eventually (usually a month or so) time out
> their subscriptions.
>
> A full validation will likely fix it.  Or break it so terribly that your only
> hope is Obi-Wan Kenobi.

All firmware upgraded and all cablecards paired and the CCI is clearly
Copy-Once! :( I've asked for the problem to be escalated to find out
if this change is intentional or not, and if not, to get it fixed.  I
know it can't be a coincidence with it affecting only the national,
Fox channels.  The only Fox channels that are still Copy-Freely are
the local affiliate and the regional sports networks.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net