[mythtv-users] how properly to rescan channels

UB40D ub40dd at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 12 14:12:10 UTC 2015

On 12 July 2015 at 14:42, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hoi UB40D,
>
> Sunday, July 12, 2015, 3:46:17 PM, you wrote:
>
> > On 11 July 2015 at 22:50, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Did you delete all video sources in mythtv-setup and create a new
> >> video source before doing the scans!
>

> > Yes I did, following Mike's recommendation above. (I also wrote I did.)
>

> >> Or you might have old channels in
> >> there. Also my cable provider does send some channels on two different
> >> ids.
> >> If I remember right after the scan you can choose whether to
> >> automatically add the new found channels or do some reviewing. After
> >> your second scan on dvb-s it probably will tell you it found
> >> duplicates and asks you what to do with that.
> >>

> > But that's besides the point. The dvb-s scan would not have found any
> more
> > dvb-s2 HD channels, would it? And yet I got 10 variations of the same HD
> > channel.
>
> Are they the same? Or only the same content? Compare transports etc.
> I have no real experience with dvb-s, only dvb-c. But could it be you
> do receive multiple sources over your receiver?

I wish I could attach a screen shot (or that I could copy the text of it
without retyping it all) but it seems there are duplicate channels with
different channel numbers, as if the broadcaster sent the same stuff over
many "channels" (in the satellite's sense of the word).
For example, in the channel editor I see ITV HD listed 4 times, at numbers
21000, 21010, 21020, 21030.

I also apologize and correct my previous answer: I did not delete all video
sources (I thought I did); instead, I deleted all capture cards.