[mythtv-users] how properly to rescan channels

UB40D ub40dd at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 11 19:01:46 UTC 2015

Tracked this down to the fact that, in 2.capture cards, the options I set
for recording options and especially LNB don't seem to be remembered!

In other words

> 2. capture cards
> dvb /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
> diseqc (switch, lnb and rotor configuration)
>
> ...at this point it will say (unconnected), even if previously I had just
> defined it as lnb.
> If I redefine it as LNB, select the right preset etc etc and press FINISH,
> when I go back up one screen it correctly says LNB. But when I ESC to the
> next screen up and then go back in, it says (unconnected).
>
> What am I doing wrong this time?

I have done a reboot and tried again.

For some vodoo reason now it did remember the LNB settings etc, so I could
complete a channel scan.
However, despite that, the channel editor shows NO channels, and
consequently I cannot view or record anything.

Once a channel scan is successful, what else needs to be done to have the
channels entered in the database?
I don't recall ever doing anything special when I did this other times.