[mythtv-users] GT730: Video card memory?

John Marshall mythtv at marshallparty.org
Wed Jul 8 14:09:44 UTC 2015

On 7/7/2015 11:09 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 2:34 AM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> has anyone found a good fanless solution that is still available for
>> purchase somewhere?
>
> I believe that the GT630 (v2, with the GK208 GPU) that
> someone else found and reported on some time ago
> on list was still available at some retailers, but getting
> hard to find.  The GT730 (v2 with the GK208) appears
> from first view to just be a rebranded GT630 v2 (thanks
> again to nvidia for clear differentiation in their gpu lines).
> Two slots though for the expanded heatsink.  Usual
> caveats apply (I do not have a GT730 v2, so have no
> personal experience with it).

Yes, the numbering sucks.  I believe the GT630v1 was a re-brand itself,
so adding a v2 that is totally different is extra screwy.  The 64-bit
GT730 is the same as the GT630v2 according to what I've seen.  It
appears that the GT720 is a GK208 as well, though slightly less powerful:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-gt-720,27424.html

There are some vdpau benchmarks on the VDR wiki which indicate the 720
would be sufficient for advanced 2x.
http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/VDPAU-Benchmarks

NewEgg supports filtering by fanless coolers and model name.  There are
several GT720/GT730s available, all 64-bit/DDR3, so they should all be
fine for Myth, and one of the Zotac versions looked single-slot, if that
is necessary.