[mythtv-users] phpmyadmin no unique on settings table?

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Thu Jul 2 12:49:11 UTC 2015

On 7/1/15 10:39 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Steven,
>
> Thursday, July 2, 2015, 4:23:27 AM, you wrote:
>
>> just got a new system running with an old database and when I go to
>> the settings table in phpmyadmin I now get this error,
>> "This table does not contain a unique column. Grid edit, checkbox,
>> Edit, Copy and Delete features are not available."
>> and am unable to edit any of the entries.
>> did I do something wrong in my import? or was this table always this
>> way, and if so, is there a way to fix this without affecting mythtv?
>> can I just add a new column to make it the unique column?
>
> The settings table has no index, so is not easily editable in
> phpmyadmin. Probably you got phpmyadmin complaining about a lack of
> prime index.
Mine has a primary key, and the table should according to
libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp:

"CREATE TABLE settings ("
"  `value` varchar(128) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',"
"  `data` varchar(16000) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',"
"  hostname varchar(64) DEFAULT NULL,"
"  KEY `value` (`value`,hostname)"
") ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;",

I suggest the OP add it, as operating without one will surely be slower.