[mythtv-users] Emergency video debug

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 12:49:48 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 9:23 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you tried real simple stuff like unplugging and replugging the hdmi
> cable?

Relative was over watching a Blu-ray with the missus, so I didn't have a
chance due to the location of the box. When I was finally able to, luckily
the box came back. Just curious, how does that happen? Neither the TV nor
the mythbox had been moved. And I did multiple reboots. So what in the
physical act of re-plugging makes the change? Is it something like a
transient electrical blip causing the issue and then the reconnecting
handshake fixing it?

Thanks to everyone for all the ideas.