[mythtv-users] Deleting previously recorded table entries

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jan 30 11:58:32 UTC 2015

On 01/29/2015 07:33 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> On 01/29/2015 06:25 PM, Mike's JdJ wrote:
>>
>> Is there a clean way (maintaining database integrity) of deleting
>> from Previously Recorded a series that I have recorded?
>>
>> I go to Manage Recordings, Previously Recorded, and I have to step
>> through the huge list to get to, let's say, 'The Colbert Report'.
>> Then I
>> type 'D', select OK, and press enter...
>
> Go to the Previously Recorded screen again and press return for
> an episode you'd like to remove completely. You'll see a menu
> that has what you want to do (for the Steppes Theme at least.)

And remember that you can sort the huge list of recordings in Previously
Recorded.  It starts out showing the list by "reverse time" (i.e.
most-recently-recorded show first).  If you hit 1, it switches to
sorting by title, ascending.  Hit 1 again to sort by title, descending.
Hit 2 to go back to time sort (and again to reverse it).  Or use MENU
and choose "Sort Options" to specify exactly which one you want.

And, I think you can now (0.27+) get to the list of previously recorded
episodes for a particular show (that's still/again in your listings) by
using something like Manage Recordings|Schedule Recordings|Search
Words|Title Search (or whichever--several options for the last 2), then
once you find the show, using MENU|Previously Recorded.

Mike