[mythtv-users] MythExport

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 04:46:58 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 10:23 PM, Thomas Mashos <thomas at mashos.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 7:03 PM, Anthony Giggins
> <seven at seven.dorksville.net> wrote:
> >
> > I imagine that "sudo apt-get install mythexport" would fail similarly
> unless
> > I make corrections somewhere ?mkdir? maybe?
> > I've drag n dropped files out of mythtv before but it is anything but
> > elegant. Can anyone enlighten me as to how to make corrections which
> would
> > allow me to install mythexport and there by move files properly?  TIA
> > Daryl.
> >

> > you dont mention what version of ubunutu/mythbuntu your running (I'm
> > guessing Trusty (14.04) from the version its installing, you could
> download
> > the package from
> > http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/amd64/mythexport/download
> >
> > and extract the files manually, perhaps the installation script has
> invalid
> > mkdir syntax

> No, it's likely at some point he fed it an empty dir string. At least
> that is what the developer told me.
>
> Try this.
>
> "sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythexport"
>

> --
> Thanks,
>
> Thomas Mashos

Thanks Thomas, I tried it and got a report that mythexport was broken or
not fully installed, this after removing from Software Centre, so I "sudo
apt-get install mythexport" which failed and I tried your suggestion again,
the following shows the failure and subsequent attempt:

 Setting up mythexport (2.2.4-0ubuntu2) ...
mkdir: missing operand
Try 'mkdir --help' for more information.
dpkg: error processing package mythexport (--configure):
Setting up libpackage-stash-xs-perl (0.28-1) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-0ubuntu6.5) ...
 mythexport
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure mythexport
/usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: mythexport is broken or not fully installed
daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$

Any other ideas?