[mythtv-users] ODroid SBC? MALI450 GPU?

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Jan 29 07:12:04 UTC 2015

Anything with an ARM cpu is going to be a struggle.. best bet is to get
something with the new intel atom... like:
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/PIPO-X7-Windows-8-1-Smart-Mini-PC-TV-Box-Media-Player-2G-RAM-32G-ROM-Intel-3736F-1-8GHz-Quad-Core---Silver-339668.html

I haven't tried it yet, but there is no reason it shouldn't work to some
degree without too much hassle.  VAAPI capable GPU should play almost
anything you throw at it.  And even though its underpowered, the CPU should
be plenty for everything else.  2GB of ram, solidstate drive for the OS,
wifi and 10/100 lan... seems almost made for a frontend... all for $115
(was under $90 a month ago).  Just wish I coulda talked my wife into
letting me spend the money.